Free and Premium Tabletopia
Tabletopia is free-to-play. With our basic account, you will not be charged for any games and will be able to invite friends to join free games, but some limitations will apply.
Or you can choose to purchase one of our Premiums—Silver or Gold monthly plans in browser, Premium short-term in-apps in Steam—for more awesome benefits and features, including unlimited access to premium game catalog, more games played simultaneously, ability to play premium games with unregistered friends, and some others.
Basic and Premium Game Catalogs
Over 90% of the games are available in the basic catalog, but with some limitations, such as only specific setups, no expansions, etc.
The premium catalog contains all games in full functionality, including multiple setups, expansions, and so on.
It is the publisher who decides whether a game is added to the basic or premium catalog. Moreover, 70% of all revenue from the games in the premium catalog go to the game publishers, giving you the ability to support your favourite game companies and authors by playing on Tabletopia.
Why Don’t We Sell Each Premium Game Separately?
We do not sell each game separately because we believe that this approach would limit and narrow you experience with Tabletopia.
We want you to have instant access to hundreds of board games, not just the ones you buy and download. We want you to be able to explore and discover new games every day, on a free of charge basis with Premiums as an option for those who want unlimited access to everything.
Plans for Players
Bronze plan is free, and premium plans are available which give you more playing options and features. See Tabletopia Pricing: In-Apps and Plans.
Premium room is a gaming room created by a player with Gold plan/Steam Premium that allows for:
- inviting anyone, incluidng unregistered users and users with Bronze and Silver plans, to play any premium games (the room host must be one of the players)
- managing and restricting access to the room
- customizing the look and feel of the room
Each player with Gold plan/Steam Premium can open up to 10 Premium rooms simultaneously.
Advanced Hot Seat
Advanced Hot Seat is a mode that allows two or more players to play one game on the same device.
This mode is needed for the games with hidden information, such as your your hand, etc. This mode will provide you with advanced turn control, the ability to change seats in one click, timers, and so on.
Plans for Designers
The Workshop Basic plan is be free-of-charge with Advanced and Pro plans available for a fee. The premium plans will give you access to more advanced features and functionality. See Tabletopia Pricing: In-Apps and Plans.
Testing room is a special mode for previewing and testing game prototypes that allows you to:
- manage access rights for your team memebers
- modify your game directly on the fly during testing
- make notes and systematize information during testing
The KS additional testing room will allow for running two separate projects at the same time.
In real life you set up games anew each time and choose the game components you need depending on the number of players and some other factors. With Tabletopia, we want users to start playing right away, so all games are already conveniently set up and ready. Most times you will want to prepare several different setups for a game:
- Unique components for different numbers of players. Some games have boards and other components that scale up or down depending on the number of players, so you need to create separate setups for each number.
- Language dependent components. If the game you are creating is language dependent and has much text, you might want to create separate setups for each language you support.
- Special variants/modes of the game. Some games have variants that are played with modified rules or a changed number of components (e.g. setup for beginners or for particular variant of play).
- Paid and free setups. Your game may be split into several free setups (in the free catalog) and paid setups (in the premium catalog).